Disclaimer: The following post contains affiliate links. When you make a purchase, I will receive a commission.
Christmas Break can be such a fun time but you may be wondering what to do to keep those kiddos entertained and make the most of your time together.
I have put together a list of 20 Fun Family Activities to do on Christmas Break without having to spend a ton of money!
- Christmas Lights! Grab some hot chocolate and drive through your local Christmas lights display. Blare the Christmas carols too, of course! You can also drive around through the different neighbors and seeing the decorated homes. Bonus: try and find the best Clark Griswold display!
- Ice Skating.
- Bake and decorate Christmas cookies and take to a neighbor.
- Family Christmas Movie Night! Order a pizza and have a hot chocolate bar. Binge watch your favorite Christmas movies by the fire!
- Decorate a gingerbread house. Or even better, have a contest and see who has the most creative gingerbread house! The winner doesn’t have to clean up and gets to pick a movie.
- If your city is on Macaroni Kid, look up different activities that will be going on in your community.
- Make handmade cards and deliver them to a local hospital and/or nursing home.
- Make paper garland and cut out snowflakes for the Christmas tree and mantle.
- Play Reindeer Games. Check out this super cute game!
- Take some fun Christmas photos. Don’t worry about the “perfect posing”. The best photos are the ones where your kids are making those goofy faces or dancing.
- Make salt-dough handprint ornaments.
- Have an Ugly Sweater Party and have your friends/family bring their favorite finger foods.
- Go sledding if you have a snow day!
- Adopt an angel from the Angel Tree and shop as a family.
- Set up a nativity scene and read The Christmas Story.
- Snow ball fight and, of course, snow angels.
- Perform Random Acts of Kindness.
- Create a new family tradition.
- Christmas waffles on Christmas morning. Make the waffles green by adding food coloring.
- Go to church Christmas Eve and then come home to more Christmas movies and popcorn. Don’t forget to bake those cookies for Santa!
Check out this post for some great Christmas Traditions too!
What will you be doing this Christmas Break! I’d love to hear your stories!