What Is Race for The Cure?

What Is race for the cure?

It’s estimated that there will be over 40,000 deaths (among women) in 2018 from breast cancer. That is such a startling and heartbreaking statistic. Chances are you know someone that has been affected by this terrible disease. I have decided that I will be running in The Race for the Cure in Evansville, Indiana on September 30, 2018.

race for the cure

Race for the Cure in Evansville, Indiana

I will be running the Race for the Cure in Evansville, Indiana for my Aunt’s spouse who recently passed away from metastatic breast cancer. I look forward to helping raise money for breast cancer awareness and research with Susan G Komen in hopes that one day we will no longer deal with such an ugly disease. The mission of Komen is to

ensure that all people receive the care they need and finding breakthroughs to prevent and cure breast cancer.

75% of the money raised from the race stays here in the community! This helps to fund local breast cancer education, screening, and treatment programs. The remaining 25% supports groundbreaking breast cancer research.

race for the cure

What Is the Susan G Komen Organization?

The Susan G Komen organization was founded in 1982 by Nancy Brinker. Brinker’s sister, Susan G Komen passed away from breast cancer in 1980. Brinker promised Komen that she would do everything she could to end breast cancer. Starting with $200 and a shoebox full of donor’s names, the organization grew into the world’s largest non-profit for funding against breast cancer.

This non-profit has invested over $2.9 billion in groundbreaking research, community health outreach, advocacy and programs in more than 60 countries! (Komen.org)

What Is Race for The Cure?

Race for the Cure is the world’s largest fundraising event for breast cancer. The race consists of a 5K run/walk to raise money and awareness for breast cancer. The race is also a time to celebrate those women and men who have survived breast cancer and memorialize those that have lost their battle.

How Can You Help?

If you would like to make a donation for Race for the Cure, go here. I greatly appreciate it! And if you would like to run with me, use code: DealPro (case sensitive)  to get $5 off your race or walk registration fee!


**This post is sponsored by Valpak

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *