(Some links below are affiliate or business links where I may be compensated for your purchase. )
I love products! I know, I know, who doesn’t?
I have decided that periodically, I will post some of my favorite products on Fridays. Fun, right?! So let’s get started…here’s my first Friday Favorites!
Before I became a mom, my drawers and cabinets were full of different products. I was the opposite of a simplistic person. I would spend tons of money at Sephora and other stores to try the latest product. I never cared or knew anything about what was in the products. Carcinogens in my makeup? No way! Chemicals in my whitening strips? Who cares?
Fast forward to today. Last year, I started to become aware to the foods I was putting in my body. Along with that, I began learning that it’s not just food that we have to look out for. Every day, we put products on our bodies (or in our bodies) and we have no idea what is really on the ingredient list. Some of this things are down right dangerous.
Let me preface this by saying that my home is in no way 100% clean and free of harmful products. I am learning new things and researching. Along the way, I have found some awesome products and I would love to share those with you!
1) Ameo toothpaste. I used to be obsessed with whitening strips. I searched for a safe whitening toothpaste that actually works and I found that with this product. Tastes great, not an overpowering taste (which is awesome when you are pregnant) and I feel safe letting my little ones use it as well.
2) Beautycounter Nourishing Cleansing Balm. This product is incredibly hydrating. Use it nightly to remove makeup. When my skin feel extra dry, I use it as a nightly mask and remove it in the morning and my face feels so soft. Bonus: it comes with a reusable 100% muslin cloth that’s softer and easier on your skin than a traditional washcloth.
3) Ameo essential oils. I used to think essential oils were crazy. Ameo oils can be using aromatically, topically or internally. Not all essential oils are created equally so it’s important to do your research as not all can be ingested, but these can. My favorite to use is lavender. If I’m having trouble sleeping or the girls are really grumpy before bedtime, I put some lavender oil on our feet and we sleep so much better.
4) Honest Company bath products.
Love these products. I have used the body oil on myself and my daughter’s eczema. I use the bath products on the girls. The lavender body wash and lotion smell fantastic! I haven’t tried the diapers yet, but I will.
5) Coconut oil. I use coconut oil so much for cooking and topically. Any dry patches I have on my skin, I apply coconut oil. Boo boos on the littles, I apply coconut oil. Dry ends of my hair, I apply coconut oil. Growing belly bump, I apply coconut oil. I’m one of those momma’s that believe breastmilk and coconut oil are cures for all that ails us.
6) Beautycounter Nourishing Cream Exfoliator. An exfoliator is so important to use. What I love about this particular one is that it does the job without being abrasive leaving my face super smooth.
What are some of your favorite must have products?
If you haven’t checked out EWG I highly recommend it. The Environmental Working Group tests different brands of cosmetics and other products for carcinogens and other harmful chemicals. It’s a great place to start learning what is in individual products and the possible effects they make have on us and our children.
**If there any products you think I should check out or you have your own and would like to collaborate, comment below or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org